The napping house [electronic resource] : and other storybook classicsNot available
PAS Lamanda Park Branch Playaway View
Out of Collection
- 1 video media player (57 min.) : digital, sd., col. ; 3 1/2 x 4 1/2 in.
- Title from Playaway View label.
- Release date supplied by publisher.
- Titles previously released by Weston Woods Studios.
- Issued on Playaway View, a dedicated video media player.
- Powered by rechargable battery ; container includes one electrical power adapter.
- Earphones not required for audio playback.
- The napping house / by Audrey Wood ; ill. by Don Wood ; narrated by Melissa Leebaert (5 min.) -- The owl and the pussycat / by Edward Lear ; ill. by Barbara Cooney ; narrated by David de Vries (3 min.) -- Stone soup / written and narrated by Marcia Brown (11 min.) -- Blueberries for Sal / by Robert McCloskey ; narrated by Owen Jordan (9 min.) -- Wyken, Blyken and Nod / by Eugene Field ; ill. by Barbara Cooney ; narrated by Deborah Stromberg (3 min.) -- Noisy Nora (in English and Spanish) / by Rosemary Wells ; English narrated by Mary Beth Hurt ; Spanish by Graciela Lecube Chavez (6 min.) -- Angus & the ducks / by Marjorie Flack ; narrated by Debby Boone (6 min.) -- Rosie's walk (in English and Spanish) / by Pat Hutchins ; English narrated by Gene Deitch ; Spanish by Sandra Colmenares (4 min.).
- In the Napping House, a wakeful flea atop a number of sleeping creatures causes a commotion, with just one bite.
- In the Owl and the Pussycat, listen to the lilting rhythms of the two characters who "went to sea in a beautiful pea-green boat."
- In Stone Soup, three clever soldiers, during the time of Napoleon, devise a plan to get food and lodging from the selfish inhabitants of the village.
- In Blueberries for Sal, a little girl and a little bear on a blueberry-picking trip mix up their mothers on a hillside in Maine.
- Sailing off in a wooden shoe, Wynken, Blynken and Nod find sleepy-time adventure under a luminous night sky.
- Noisy Nora: With everyone in her house too busy to listen, Nora makes her presence known at every turn.
- Angus & the ducks: A curious Scottish terrier gets a chance to find out what's on the other side of the hedge.
- Rosie's walk: Against the strains of a catchy barnyard tune, a single-minded fox stalks an unsuspecting hen.
- Some selections in Spanish.
- Sleep -- Juvenile films.
- Fleas -- Juvenile films.
- Nonsense verses -- Juvenile films.
- Animals -- Juvenile films.
- Children's films.
- Added Author
- Leebaert, Melissa. Narrator.
- De Vries, David. Narrator.
- Stromberg, Deborah. Narrator.
- Jordan, Owen. Narrator.
- Hurt, Mary Beth. Narrator.
- Lecube, Graciela. Narrator.
- Boone, Debby. Narrator.
- Deitch, Gene. Narrator.
- Wood, Audrey. Napping house.
- Lear, Edward, 1812-1888. Owl and the pussy-cat.
- Brown, Marcia. Stone soup.
- McCloskey, Robert, 1914-2003. Blueberries for Sal.
- Field, Eugene, 1850-1895. Wynken, Blynken and Nod.
- Wells, Rosemary. Noisy Nora.
- Wells, Rosemary. Noisy Nora. Spanish.
- Flack, Marjorie, 1897-1958. Angus and ducks.
- Hutchins, Pat, 1942- Rosie's walk.
- Hutchins, Pat, 1942- Rosie's walk. Spanish.
- Weston Woods Studios.
- Findaway World, LLC.
- Music No.
- PV000023 Playaway View