14 of 10
The secret to seduction [electronic resource] / Julie Anne LongAvailable online (2 of 2 copies available; 0 on hold)
- 416 p. ; 18 cm.
- Sabrina Fairleigh, adopted daughter of the vicar of Tinbury, "counts herself fortunate to be possessed of an even temperament" and imagines it must be a terrible inconvenience, and quite uncomfortable, to be at the mercy of one's passions. Not surprisingly, these views change when she meets the Libertine, otherwise known as Rhys Gillray, earl of Rawden, in this amusing Regency romance. Rhys, author of a seductive poetry volume that has both scandalized and enthralled the women of the town, has grown bored of debauchery and decides that de-thawing the chilly Sabrina is the perfect project to keep his mind occupied and his skills sharp. As he gradually breaks down Sabrina's composure with seductive innuendo and impassioned bickering, drama unfolds elsewhere: a prisoner finally faces trial for the 17-year-old murder of a revered politician. Unbeknownst to Sabrina, the murdered man holds the key to reuniting her long-lost family.
- Electronic reproduction. New York : Grand Central Publishing, 2007. Requires Adobe Digital Editions (file size: 1141 KB) or Mobipocket Reader (file size: 638 KB).
- Nobility -- Fiction.
- Young women -- Fiction.
- Poetry -- Fiction.
- Seduction -- Fiction.
- Adoptees -- Family relationships -- Fiction.
- England -- Fiction.
- Love stories.
- Historical fiction.
- Electronic books.
- 9780446195751 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- 0446195758 (electronic bk. : Adobe Reader)
- 9780446195775 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)
- 0446195774 (electronic bk. : Mobipocket Reader)