Detropia [videorecording] / Docurama ; Loki Films, LLC ; New Video Group ; produced and directed by Heidi Ewing and Rachel GradyLink to reviews of film 1 available
PAS Central Library DVD, Non-Fiction
- 1 videodisc (91 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- video v rdamedia
- videodisc vd rdacarrier
- System Details
- DVD, widescreen; NTSC, region 1, Dolby digital 5.1 surround.
- Title from web page.
- Originally released as a motion picture in 2012.
- Rating: Not rated.
- Detroit's story has encapsulated the iconic narrative of America over the last century: the Great Migration of African Americans escaping Jim Crow; the rise of manufacturing and the middle class; the love affair with automobiles; the flowering of the American dream; and now, the collapse of the economy and the fading American mythos. With its vivid, painterly palette and haunting score, sculpts a dreamlike collage of a grand city teetering on the brink of dissolution.
- Bonus features: deleted and extended scenes.
- Directed by Heidi Ewing, Rachel Grady.
- No credits provided.
- Boston Independent Film Festival, Grand Jury Prize, 2012.
- National Board of Review, 2012.
- Sundance Film Festival, documentary film editing award, 2012.
- http://www.mrqe.com/movie_reviews/detropia-m100098774 Link to reviews of film
- Detroit (Mich.) -- Social conditions.
- African Americans -- Michigan -- Detroit.
- Immigrants -- Michigan -- Detroit.
- Middle class -- Michigan -- Detroit.
- Feature films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Documentary films.
- Added Author
- Ewing, Heidi E., producer, director.
- Grady, Rachel, producer, director.
- New Video Group.
- Loki Films.
- Docurama (Firm)
- Standard No.
- Music No.
- NNVG281611 New Video