G-dog [videorecording] / director, Frieda Lee Mock1 available
PAS Central Library DVD, Non-Fiction
- 1 videodisc (92 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- two-dimensional moving image tdi rdacontent
- video v rdamedia
- videodisc vd rdacarrier
- digital optical stereo
- laser optical, NTSC
- video file DVD video Region 1 rda
- Originally released as a documentary film in 2012.
- With: Greg Boyle.
- From Oscar-winning filmmaker Freida Lee Mock. Father Greg Boyle, a white Jesuit priest, has spent some 25 years in the toughest part of East LA, offering jobs not jail, to tough, street-smart, and amazingly sweet young people, all former gang members. Father Boyle is a charismatic visionary, but he's made the dream real: his Homeboy Industries has become the largest, most successful gang intervention and rehab program in the U.S. and an inspiration for helping kids at risk.
- Rating: Not rated.
- System Details
- DVD, region 1, widescreen presentation; stereo., NTSC.
- Boyle, Greg.
- Homeboy Industries.
- Church work with juvenile delinquents -- California -- East Los Angeles.
- Church work with Hispanic Americans -- California -- East Los Angeles.
- Gangs -- California -- East Los Angeles.
- Hispanic American youth -- California -- East Los Angeles -- Social conditions.
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- California -- East Los Angeles -- Social conditions.
- Documentary films.
- Nonfiction films.
- Added Author
- Boyle, Greg.
- Mock, Freida Lee.
- Docurama (Firm)
- New Video Group.
- Standard No.
- Music No.
- NNVG288541 Docurama Films