Neil Young [videorecording] : heart of gold / Paramount Classics and Paramount Home Entertainment in association with Shangri La Entertainment present ; a Clinica Estetico/Shakey Pictures production in association with Playtone ; a Jonathan Demme picture ; produced and directed by Jonathan Demme ; produced by Ilona Herzberg ; executive producers, Bernard Shakey, Elliot Rabinowitz, Gary Goetzman1 доступны
PAS Central Library DVD, Non-Fiction
- Special collector's ed.
- 2 videodiscs (103 min.) : sd., col. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Special features (Disc 2): Bonus song: "He was the king"; rehearsal diaries; 6 featurettes; Neil Young's performance on the 1971 Johnny Cash Show.
- Disc 1: Road to the Ryman -- "The Painter" -- "No Wonder" -- "Falling Off the Face of the Earth" -- "Far From Home" -- "It's a Dream" -- "Prairie Wind" -- "Here For You" -- "This Old Guitar"-- "When God Made Me" -- "I Am a Child" -- "Harvest Moon" -- "Heart of Gold" -- "Old Man" -- "Needle and the Damage Done" -- "Old King" -- "Comes a Time" -- "Four Strong Winds" -- "One of These Days" -- "The Old Laughing Lady"/ End titles ; Special features: "He Was the King" (6 min.) ; Previews (4 min.).
- Director of photography, Ellen Kuras ; production designer, Michael Zansky ; editor, Andy Keir ; costumes created by, Manuel ; music mixer, Chad Hailey ; all songs written by Neil Young, except "Four Strong Winds," written by Ian Tyson.
- Neil Young, lead vocals, guitar, piano, banjo, harmonica ; Ben Keith, pedal steel guitar, dobro, bandleader ; Grant Boatwright, guitar, vocals ; Spooner Oldham, keyboards ; Rick Rosas, bass guitar ; Emmylou Harris, vocals and guitar ; Karl Himmel, drums, percussion ; Gary Pigg, vocals ; Diana DeWitt, vocals, autoharp ; Pegi Young, vocals, guitar ; Chad Cromwell, drums, percussion ; Clinton Gregory, fiddle ; Fisk University Jubilee Singers ; Jimmy Sharp, trombone ; Tom McGinley, baritone saxophone ; Wayne Jackson, trumpet, horn arranger ; Larry Cragg, guitar technician, banjo, guitar ; Anthony Crawford, vocals, guitar ; The Nashville String Machine.
- Recorded live on August 18-19, 2005 at the Ryman Auditorium, Nashville, Tennessee.
- "Neil Young: Heart of Gold" is a love letter to the consistency and familiarity of Neil Young's voice, a floating silver reed with all the colors of moonlight in it. The songs are from Young's albums "Prairie Wind" (2005), "Harvest Moon" (1992), and "Harvest" (1972). For the premiere of "Prairie Wind" Young gathered long-time band mates and old friends like Emmylou Harris for a performance that has the feel of a casual reunion picnic. Held at Nashville's Ryman Auditorium--the original home of the Grand Ole Opry, and a room with what may be the finest acoustics in the universe--the whole ensemble nattily attired in neatly tailored traditional western get-ups, it is as if the ghosts of the Ryman are singing through them. Young's songs speak to ensuring continuity between the past and the present, while cutting a path into the future, and he and his fellow performers open themselves so wholly to their surroundings that they become a part of it.
- MPAA rating: Rated PG for some drug-related lyrics; Canadian Home Video Rating: Rated G.
- System Details
- DVD; Region 1, NTSC; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround, 5.1 DTS surround, 2.0 surround; widescreen presentation, enhanced for 16:9 televisions.
- In English with optional subtitles in English; closed-captioned.
- Young, Neil, 1945-
- Rock music -- 2001-2010.
- Popular music -- United States -- 2001-2010.
- Documentary films.
- Дополнительный автор
- Demme, Jonathan, 1944-
- Herzberg, Ilona.
- Shakey, Bernard, 1945-
- Rabinowitz, Elliot.
- Goetzman, Gary, 1952-
- Young, Neil, 1945-
- Keith, Ben.
- Boatwright, Grant.
- Oldham, Spooner.
- Rosas, Rick.
- Harris, Emmylou.
- Himmel, Karl.
- Pigg, Gary.
- DeWitt, Diana.
- Young, Pegi.
- Cromwell, Chad.
- Gregory, Clinton.
- Sharp, Jimmy.
- McGinley, Tom (Saxophonist)
- Jackson, Wayne, 1941-
- Cragg, Larry.
- Crawford, Anthony.
- Paramount Classics (Firm)
- Shangri-La Entertainment (Firm)
- Nashville String Machine (Musical group)
- Paramount Pictures Corporation.
- Дополнительное заглавие
- Heart of gold
- Standard No.
- Music No.
- 34669 Paramount Home Entertainment