Escape clause [text (large print)] / John Sandford1 available
PAS Central Library Large Type, Fiction
LT M SANDFORD,J
- First large print edition.
- 500 pages (large print) ; 24 cm.
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Physical Medium
- large print rda
- Virgil Flowers novel ; bk. 9
- Sandford, John, 1944 February 23- Virgil Flowers novels ; 9.
- Whenever you hear the sky rumble, that usually means a storm. In Virgil Flowers' case, make that two. The first storm comes from, of all places, the Minnesota Zoo. Two large, and very rare, Amur tigers have vanished from their cage, and authorities are worried sick that they've been stolen for their body parts. Traditional Chinese medicine prizes those parts for home remedies, and people will do extreme things to get what they need. Some of them are a great deal more extreme than others -- as Virgil is about to find out. Then there's the homefront. Virgil's relationship with his girlfriend Frankie has been getting kind of serious, but when Frankie's sister Sparkle moves in for the summer, the situation gets a lot more complicated. For one thing, her research into migrant workers is about to bring her up against some very violent people who emphatically do not want to be researched. For another, she thinks Virgil's kind of cute. Forget a storm -- this one's a tornado.
- Flowers, Virgil (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Government investigators -- Minnesota -- Fiction.
- Siberian tiger -- Fiction.
- Materia medica, Animal -- China -- Fiction.
- Triangles (Interpersonal relations) -- Fiction.
- Wildlife crime investigation -- Fiction.
- Migrant labor -- Crimes against -- Fiction.
- Zoo animals -- Fiction.
- Minneapolis (Minn.) -- Fiction.
- Minnesota -- Fiction.
- Large type books.
- Detective and mystery fiction.
- Thrillers (Fiction)
- 9781524708726 (paperback)
- 1524708720 (paperback)