Kangaroos : amazing jumpers / by Lisa M. Herrington1 available
PAS Central Library Juvenile, Non-Fiction
J 599.222 HER
Copies on order
1 copy ordered for PAS Linda Vista Branch Juvenile, Non-Fiction on 09-17-2019.
- 48 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 23 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Nature's children
- Nature's children.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 46) and index.
- Ages 8-10.
- "Did you know that kangaroos are the only large animals that hop to move -- or that they are unable to jump backward? Nature's Children series provides young readers (Ages 8-10) with fascinating information about the planet's most incredible wildlife species. Each title offers a complete picture of the animal- from birth to adulthood- and describes its place in our world, including how humans impact it and its environment."--From https://www.bookdepository.com.
- Large leapers -- Meet these hoppers -- Home, sweet home -- Built to bounce -- Hopping to it -- A mob scene -- Danger from dingoes -- Chew on this! -- Keeping cool -- Starting a family -- Pouch babies -- Roo rider -- Growing up and out -- Off into the world -- Monster marsupials -- Meet the relatives -- Australia's symbol -- Rescuing roos -- Kangaroo family tree.
- Kangaroos -- Juvenile literature.
- 9780531229903 (library binding)
- 0531229904 (library binding)
- 9780531239124 (paperback)
- 0531239128 (paperback)