Pretend I'm dead : a novel / Jen Beagin1 available
PAS Central Library Fiction
- First Scribner hardcover edition.
- 231 pages ; 22 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Previously published in 2015 by TriQuarterly Press.
- Hole -- Yoko and Yoko -- Henry and Zoe -- Betty -- Acknowledgements.
- Jen Beagin's funny, moving, fearless debut novel introduces an unforgettable character, Mona--almost 24, cleaning houses to get by, emotionally adrift. Handing out clean needles to drug addicts, she falls for a recipient who proceeds to break her heart in unimaginable ways. Always just under the surface are her memories of growing up in a chaotic, destructive family from which she's trying to disentangle herself. The story of her journey toward a comfortable place in the world and a measure of self-acceptance is psychologically acute, often surprising, and entirely human.
- Housekeepers -- Fiction.
- Drug addicts -- Fiction.
- Dysfunctional families -- Fiction.
- Self-acceptance -- Fiction.
- Taos (N.M.) -- Fiction.
- Black humor.
- Added Title
- Pretend I am dead
- 9781501183935 (hardcover) $24.00
- 1501183931 (hardcover) $24.00
- 150118394X (ebook)
- 9781501183942 (ebook)