/ Carrie Arcos
- 356 pages ; 22 cm
- text txt rdacontent
- unmediated n rdamedia
- volume nc rdacarrier
- Ages 12 up. Philomel Books.
- Grades 7-9. Philomel Books.
- Told from multiple viewpoints, a group of high school students in 1952 Monterey, California, are watching the skies for Russian planes when something very mysterious draws them together.
- The year is 1952. The threat of invasion from the Soviet Union has people in a panic. Teddy, John, Caroline, Eleanor, Bunny, Frank, and Oscar are members of their high school's "Operation Skywatch" club, they, looking to the sky in an effort to protect the country from attack. But they're not prepared for the strange green light they see when on duty. Or the mysterious object which lands in the forest. Teddy, John, Caroline, and Bunny go in to investigate. Then, they disappear. -- adapted from jacket
Civil defense -- Juvenile fiction.
Cold War -- Juvenile fiction.
Missing children -- Juvenile fiction.
California -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sky watchers
- They all looked up. Then they disappeared : Skywatchers
- 9781984812292 (hardcover)
- 1984812297 (hardcover)